It can be difficult for project managers to arrange, assign, track and control all tasks for the many different projects they deal with.
Without a proper workflow management system, this can give way to confusion, waste, undue risk, and ultimately compromising the integrity of the project.
Effective workflow management is essential, as it facilitates the process of completing and keeping track of tasks in a broader project.
Oftentimes, poor workflow management leads to discord and mistrust among team members who may already be overburdened with work. The lack of an efficient and streamlined system can stress workplace processes, causing bottlenecks and disruption, disrupting the entire work flow.
Not only that, but a mismanaged workflow also forces employees to perform many tasks simultaneously, which causes a huge impact on employee productivity.
In fact, research shows that trying to multitask results in 40% of lost productivity because switching between tasks can complicate their jobs for employees.
To best organize your company tasks, you need to use an automated workflow management system that efficiently manages the flow of tasks.
Learn more about workflow management tools and why Wrike is the preferred workflow management system for businesses around the world.
What is a workflow management system?
A workflow management system is a digital tool that organizes tasks and provides comprehensive insights into the progress of each task.
It provides an infrastructure to help you plan your tasks, create a sequential plan to get them done, and track their progress.
You can count on them to help you evaluate performance metrics for each process so you can deploy the necessary strategies at the right time.
Moreover, by offering a central platform for team communication and collaboration, it ensures enhanced productivity leaving a positive impact on the company culture.
So it's no wonder why companies from all over the world are incorporating workflow management tools to make their daily tasks easier.
But what exactly do you gain by using this system? Let's find out.
What are the benefits of workflow management software?
Once you invest in a workflow management system, there is no going back. It's the perfect formula for keeping your employees happy while ensuring that all processes are completed with maximum efficiency and on time.
These practical workflow management tools have proven to be beneficial for organizations that provide knowledge-based professional services to their clients (read more in our career services guide).
Here are some of the benefits of deploying it in the workplace:
1. Facilitate cooperation with customers
Working with global clients involves dealing with differences of opinion, lack of transparency, catering to different requirements, and serving them despite communication barriers.
This is where workforce management can help you. It is a comprehensive system that allows you to give clients exclusive access to certain parts of a project so they can view project status, grant approvals, and monitor progress.
This way, you can save a lot of time that would otherwise have been spent gathering information about the progress of the project.
2. Make the most of your paid hours
Your goal should be to maximize usage rates as well as billing hours for your team.
Using a workflow management system can take essential tasks, such as managing resources and standardizing work procedures, out of your hands to increase billing hours.
Likewise, keeping track of time and money can become a time-consuming administrative work and only increases as the business becomes more successful. Workflow automation software takes care of all these tasks so that you can direct your valuable time and energy towards core operations.
Free Project Management Software for Small Teams in wrike workflow
Workflow management vs. project management
Although workflow and project management have similar features, they still differ by a large margin project management.
Project management also includes planning and overseeing tasks and looking at the bigger picture. On the other hand, workflow management links the tasks sequentially and helps each process to run smoothly.
How to use a workflow management system for better productivity
Workflow management tools improve your team's productivity by providing seamless communication and streamlining operations. When deployed appropriately, workflow management can pay off in the long run. Here's how the workplace management system contributes to the productivity of your employees:
- No More Status Update Meetings: A workflow management system saves your employees from having to track emails and discussion threads to assess project progress. With complete transparency at every stage of the process, your teams can stay updated on the progress of each project - saving time and effort.
- Just-in-Time Reporting: Workflow management software integration helps your employees as they are no longer required to enter data into spreadsheets to generate reports. The workflow tool can generate up-to-date reports with the help of up-to-date data, saving your employees time to do something productive.
- Increased visibility into operations: Streamlined processes are the most important aspect of a smooth project implementation plan. Workflow management tools provide real-time visibility into any bottlenecks or outages in business processes. This way, you can immediately turn to any new or old developments that threaten the progress of the project, ensuring that business continues as normal.
- Built-in notifications: Workflow tools typically include built-in notifications to alert you and your employees about any late task or process that requires your attention. It gives you the ability to customize your notification alerts so they don't get distracted.
- Third-party integrations: Companies that often deploy software and tools to facilitate their operations need a workflow management tool that offers third-party integrations. These tools provide additional features that you can use without having to switch between multiple applications.
Tips for Better Workflow Management with Wrike
To help you make your project plan as smooth as possible and with as few errors as possible, we advise you to keep the following tips in mind:
- Do not collect important tasks and documents in your email. With Wrike's Workflow Management System, you can CC Wrike your emails to group them within the platform for easy access.
- Make sure all your essential data, tasks, and files are properly organized in one place to increase your productivity.
How to use Wrike to manage your workflow
Wrike allows you to automate your workflow with many features that contribute to increasing the performance and productivity of your employees. With Wrike's workflow management system, you can customize your workspace according to your brand's assets and prioritize your tasks.
Easily visualize your tasks using Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and a host of other tools. Save your employees from unnecessary meetings by giving them complete transparency at every stage of their workflow with automatically generated reports containing up-to-date data.
With Wrike, you can schedule projects, assign tasks, manage client orders, and make critical decisions in real time.
You can also choose the type of workflow you want to work with, such as Agile or Waterfall project management coordination. This way, you can fulfill all the needs of your customers in no time.
If you're hesitant about incorporating workflow management software into your daily tasks, we can help you understand it and try it out in real life settings. Contact us for a free two-week trial.