Basics of learning programming for beginners, the beginning of the way to learn the basics of programming starts from learning programming languages that help us communicate with computers by giving instructions and commands that enable him to implement them.
The rules of programming languages are similar to the rules of human languages in terms of their strictness and the obligation to follow and implement them to the fullest.
In a survey conducted, it was estimated that there are 500-2000 active and static programming languages used for general purposes.
But it is estimated that only a few dozen are used by programmers around the world. Computers cannot understand programming languages directly.
A computer can understand one language known as Binary, which is made up of the sequence of values 0 and 1, which is why it is called Binary Language.
The different programming languages are converted and translated into binary through the Compiler program, or the so-called (interpreter), and this is a stage that precedes the computer’s execution of the command.
Programming and its basics
Programming basics start with code, which is a set of data and instructions written by a programming language.
The computer implements these instructions, which may be drawing a shape, performing a certain calculation, or reading the content of a file, and the execution is carried out in a specific sequence.
In most programming languages, programming concepts are shared, and this makes it easier for an individual to learn the basics of programming in any of the programming languages.
In the following lines, we will show you the common programming concepts between different programming languages.
Common programming concepts between different programming languages
- Constants: Such as mathematical constants, which are fixed values that the computer recognizes at the beginning, and does not change at any stage during the execution of the program.
- Variables: It is the opposite of constants, as it is subject to change as a value in the computer's memory when there is a need to do so, and this is among the mechanisms of the program's work.
- Functions: These are some commands that are similar to a program that does one quick task.
- Conditional Sentences: It fulfills a specific condition for the implementation of the required, for example (If - Then), and it requires the occurrence of after (If) to achieve after (Then).
- Iterative loops : It is a software whose goal is to achieve a specific part of the code a specified number of times, its start time, its end time, and the number of times it is repeated.
Reasons to learn programming
Freedom at work
Where you can work from anywhere, such as the office, home, or even in public places, all you need is your computer.
- One of the most important skills required in the labor market: It generates a high income for programmers, as the average income of programmers.
- During one year, it is approximately (seventy thousand dollars) in the United States of America, and this amount is very large compared to entering the rest of the other fields of work.
- The importance of programming: In some advanced fields, such as artificial intelligence, digital currencies, and cryptography, the importance of programming is increasing. This is what motivates the individual and encourages him to enter the fields of programming and learn its basics.
- No commitment to a degree or degree: Most programmers did not obtain certificates or degrees, and some of them did not go to university at all. Despite that, they were able to achieve themselves and their successful life through the world of programming.
- Time factor: Reaching the stage of professional programming does not take much time, compared to other fields.
Programming websites, developing and building applications
- Front-end: It is about correcting the appearance of the sites that are displayed on the browser. And you need to learn some basic programming languages, such as: JAVA, CSS, HTML.
- Backend: It is the one that pertains to the server itself that contains the site files that allow. And allow the appearance of the site on the Internet everywhere around the world and to anyone. And this field needs to learn some programming languages, for example: PHP language, ASP language, NODE language.
Building Windows Applications
Mobile applications and development
Basic programming languages and learn them
What after learning programming languages?
- Do not learn more than one language at a time:
- This is one of the common and common mistakes that most beginners in the field of programming fall into.
- This is in their belief that this will save them time and achieve more efficiency in implementation.
- But this mistake does not only help distract their efforts, you should focus on learning and mastering one programming language.
- Programming languages are not perfect:
- Do not try to search for one programming language that you believe is perfect and capable of helping you solve the programming problems you face.
- There are many, many programming languages, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages, you should look for the one that is right for the purpose.
- What you want to use it for and focus only on it without distracting yourself.
- Specialization in one field
- After you learn the basics of programming, do not try to specialize in more than one field, you just have to think about what you want specifically?
- Would you like to specialize in game programming, for example? Or do you have a passion to focus on developing apps and websites? Research well and make the right decision.
After the mentioned goals, benefits and different areas of programming, it helps to open many areas and helps to choose the most appropriate, we hope that the topic has won your admiration.