I will cover all aspects of earning from Google Adsense through a website, this article is a complete guide to earning from Adsense.
My goal is not only to make this article a reference for everyone who wants to work as a publisher with Google Adsense, but I will also make you understand the idea from the ground up.
My goal is to make you start your way as a publisher with awareness and awareness of everything surrounding the topic, also those who are already working as publishers in Google Adsense, will find in this article something new and useful.
What is Google Adsense?
Google Adsense is an advertising company affiliated with Google, by subscribing to it, you as a publisher (site owner) can make profits, by placing ads on your site.
In order to understand the idea more deeply, we had to deal with the definition of Google AdWords (recently it became known as Google Ads):
Google Ads: It is a subsidiary of Google, through which every marketer or advertiser can advertise to get visitors for any marketing purpose. Google Ads represents the other side of Google Adsense.
In fact, Google acts as an advertising intermediary between the advertiser who wants to get visitors, and the publisher who wants to get profit by including these ads on his own site.
Of course, this is through a very smart targeting system, so that ads appear on your site that are compatible, or related to the content you provide on this site.
The company that organizes the process of buying visitors from Google is called Google Ads, and the company that organizes the process of placing these ads on the sites shared in this system is called Google Adsense, and this is what you will deal with as a publisher.
In fact, the Google ad exchange system with Google Adsense and Google Ads is not limited to that only, but here I am addressing the topic from the angles that serve our topic about profit from Google Adsense, by owning a website.
What do you need to start earning from Adsense?
1. A good website idea
You should choose a website idea that matches your personal interests, if you are going to write the content yourself.
In the event that you will use others, you must ensure that there is a continuous source of content for your site.
You should also choose an idea for a site that has a demand from the public. In this way, you can use the Google tool to find out the search rate for the keywords that your site will address.
2. Buy hosting and a domain name
There are a lot of options at this stage, and it suits all cases. If you do not have enough money to buy a paid hosting and domain name, then you should be satisfied with the blogger blog at first.
But if you have a surplus of investment, you should buy a paid hosting and choose a domain name for your site.
3. Create a website
This option depends on the previous option, if you choose Blogger, it is an integrated tool for creating a website. But if your choice is to create a site with a paid hosting and domain name, you should refer to the two topics below:
- How to create a website (you will find all the information and important points for creating a professional website)
- Steps to create a WordPress site (you will find a simple and easy practical explanation and illustrations of how to create a WordPress site)
I will assume here that you have chosen WordPress, as the tool for creating your site.
4. Create good, useful and exclusive content for your site
Here we are not talking about content blocking a box in order to complete the profit factors from AdSense, but we are talking about content that provides real value to your visitors, exclusive content that does not violate Google's policies and is constantly renewed.
5. Fill out the application form in Google Adsense
We will explain it in detail shortly.
6. Start placing Adsense codes in the appropriate places on your site to start making profits.
We will discuss this point shortly as well.
Specifications of the site that is accepted in Google Adsense
In this part, I will address a set of criteria that you must apply to your site before you start registering for Google Adsense.
In order to be accepted into the Google Adsense program, make sure that you have a site that meets the following:
1. A site characterized by exclusive and valuable content and compliant with Google Adsense policies
You have to provide something that really benefits your visitors, and in this way you will get visitors to your site on the one hand, and on the other hand this is what Google puts as a priority in measuring the quality of all your services, including Google Adsense of course.
You must also create content that complies with Google AdSense policies, as there are some types of content that are prohibited from participating in Google AdSense.
In quantitative terms, many are wondering how many articles are required in order to apply to subscribe to Google Adsense.
This question does not have a definitive answer, but it is preferable that your site contains a good number of articles, say no less than 30 articles, for example, but remember that this element works with the rest of the elements, and cannot be relied upon independently.
2. A well-designed site that is easy for the visitor
The visitor experience must be good in dealing with your site, to be accepted in Adsense, this includes a good, simple design and compatible with all devices.
Also, the pages of your site should be linked together to facilitate the visitor's transition between the pages of the site.
Since we are talking about WordPress here, you just have to read the article: WordPress Theme Guide, and apply it.
3. A site that contains administrative pages that serve the visitor
Your site must contain the administrative pages that the visitor needs, which represent the official interface or image of your site.
Here is a list of the administrative pages that must be present on your site:
- Contact us page: which serves the user directly when he wants to contact the site administration.
- Terms and Conditions page: which shows the visitor what he must follow when using your site.
- A page about the site: which contains the story of the site's creation and the goals it seeks to achieve, through the content it provides.
If you feel a little confused about these pages don't worry, the Contact Us page you can get with a simple WordPress plugin like Contact Form 7.
As for a page about the site, you do not have to write on it, except to answer the question “Why did you create this site?”, and the goals you want to achieve for your visitors.
4. A site that gets a good number of visitors
In order for Google to accept your site to participate in the AdSense program, this site must have a good number of visitors every day.
This of course depends on the quality of the content on the one hand, and your marketing plan to get visitors on the other hand.
Steps to register for Google Adsense
Now that you know the most important criteria for accepting sites in Google Adsense, and you are sure that these criteria already apply to your site, then let's start explaining the steps for registering in Google Adsense.
To register for Google Adsense, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your Gmail account
This step is a proactive step (we do it now because we will need it shortly), here you need to log in to the Gmail account that you want to use in the AdSense account.
If you don't have one, you can check out the Create Gmail account article to create a new one.
2. Go to the Google Adsense registration page
Go to the Google Adsense home page, you can do so by clicking on the link below. Press here
4. Enter the website link and email
After that, you will be directed to a page that will give you the following message as shown in the screenshot below. Click Sign Up to sign up for your AdSense account.
The most popular places to place Adsense ads on your site
Now that your AdSense account has been accepted, you should start placing ads on your site.
Here are the most important and most popular places on your site to place Adsense ads:
Under the head
This area is considered a strategy for placing AdSense ads, which are often the width of the site page, which is often 90 * 720, and it is on almost all pages of the site.
This is a bit like under-the-head advertising, but it's less important.
This is 250*300 or 336*280, and it can be placed in a lot of pages depending on your WordPress theme design. It can be on the home page, articles page, section pages or tags.
Middle of articles
This ad belongs to a relatively new type that hears native ads, and it appears in a way that fits and displays the list of articles, and its colors and dimensions can be controlled.
Within the content of the article
This also belongs to native ads, and it is proportional to the presentation of the content of the article and its shape is relatively controllable.
It is worth noting that there are companies that specialize in this type of ads, which are called Native Ads companies.
Note: If you are using a responsive WordPress theme, you should set your ads to be Responsive too.
An explanation of the types of Google Adsense ads
In this part, I will explain the types of ads that Google Adsense allows you to choose from to place on your site.
Text & display ads
For text and image ads, which is often used under the header, above the footer, and in the sidebar.
As we mentioned a while ago, to get a suitable size for all types of screens, you must choose the responsive option while setting up the ad.
This type of advertisement is intended to be placed among a list of displayed articles, either on the section page or the hashtag page. And you can make the appropriate settings in size and dimensions, in order to be completely identical to the width of the articles in the list of articles.
This type of ads is intended to be placed in the middle of the textual content of articles, and some of its properties can also be controlled to be proportional to the content.
This type of advertisement is intended to be placed below the content of the topics, appearing as suggestions for other topics that the reader may prefer.
It is worth noting here that not all sites participating in AdSense, are allowed to use this type of ads.
To make sure that this type of AdSense ads are available for your site, go to the setting page in your AdSense account.
Then click on my sites and then click on Matched Content, you should find a green check mark in front of your site name on this page of your account.
This is a different and new type of ads that can be used on all pages of the site in general, but it is intended for mobile visitors only, and it appears according to a special formula determined by Google AdSense based on the experience of each visitor separately.
To activate it, copy the code and put it in a text widget, in the same way as placing the new AdSense account activation code.
You can access it through My ads and then Auto Ads.
There are many types of ads that fall under it, the most important of which are:
- Anchor ads : It is a small advertisement bar fixed at the bottom of the page, even when the visitor scrolls, it is fixed in place, and the visitor can hide it by clicking on it from the top in the middle.
- Vignette ads : It is an advertisement, often an image, that covers the entire content of the site, and appears on top of the content itself. It can be exited by pressing the x at the top.
Important tips and points about working as a publisher with Google Adsense
- When you receive a rejection letter, work out the reasons for rejection and apply again, and also if the latter was rejected as well, improve your site and apply again.
- In order to work as a publisher with Google Adsense, you must own a website with valuable and unique content, and you must also continue to provide your site with good and valuable content, as working with Adsense is a continuous work, not a phased one.
- Do not violate Google's policies, even if you find some sites doing so without punishment. The risk here will be sacrificing your account and its balance. Google AdSense policies can be viewed through the link below. (https://bit.ly/3nNG6df)
- Working as a partner with Google Adsense is like any other work, it depends on experience and experimentation, so do not stop when the level of your profits does not suit the level of your effort, you have to try and continue and develop your experience and information and your profits will improve.
- Invest in visitors to increase your profit rate. Whenever you find a good channel to buy visitors, and you can make a profit margin (the difference between buying visitors and AdSense earnings), invest in this channel.
- Google AdSense will give you 68% of the profits you get from advertisers.
- Profits are calculated either based on the clicks on the ads, or based on the impression (visiting the page where the ad is located and seeing it), so you will find in your account two types of earnings, one based on clicks, and the other based on the impression.
- There are a lot of ways to place ad units on your site, and this basically depends on how your site was built. If you are using WordPress, here are the most important ways to place ad units:
- By template (there are plenty of WordPress themes that come with a lot of features to set up and manage your AdSense ad units).
- Via widgets (referenced above).
- Through add-ons (the best add-on in my opinion for placing Adsense ads is the ad inserter).
- Google Adsense provides a lot of payment methods, which you can choose from to receive your monthly earnings.
These are the most important ways that Google Adsense provides to pay monthly profits:
- A/ Wire Transfer: You must have a bank account to get your earnings through it.
- B / Checks (bank checks): It does not require owning a bank account, but it takes a long time to cash it compared to other methods.
- A/ Electronic Funds Transfer: Only available for some countries.
- d/ EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA): Only available for some countries.
- E/ Western Union (Western Union Money Transfer Bank): Western Union is a money transfer bank with branches in almost all cities of the world, and it is the fastest way to receive money.
For more information about the payment methods offered by AdSense, you should return to the link below, in which you will find a link for each payment method that explains the payment method in detail and the countries in which this method is available:
What is the profit rate from Google Adsense?
The rate of profit from Google Adsense depends on a lot of factors, and here I will list the most important ones:
1. The domain your site is specialized in
We mentioned earlier, that there is a targeting system that Google follows in placing ads on your site so that the ads fit with the content of your site, and of course the price of a click varies from one advertisement to another according to the field.
For example, a site that specializes in providing tips on forex, the level of profit will differ from a news site, because the ads will differ in each site from the other.
2. The number of visitors to your site
This is an obvious point, but we have to mention it here because of its importance. It is obvious that the visitors element is a pivotal element for making profit from Adsense, so you find many Adsense publishers rely mainly on Adsense arbitrage to achieve the maximum rate with profit.
3. The quality of the content on your site
This results in the average visitor staying time on the site, which increases the chance of more ads appearing in front of them.
4. Where are the ads
This is an organizational process that depends on the design of the site, the nature of visitors, and the nature of the content on the site as well.
5. The number of ad units per page within the site
There are some schools that say that in many cases, the effectiveness of 3 ad units per page is better than the effectiveness of 5 ad units.
6. Geographical distribution of your visitors
The click of a Kuwaiti visitor on an AdSense advertisement, its price differs from the click of an Egyptian visitor on the same advertisement.
7. The nature of your visitors
In terms of whether they are male or female, their average age, interests, and education level, all of this is of course related to the field you are talking about on your site.
8. Using Allow & Block Ads
This is a feature provided by Google Adsense to publishers, through which you can block some ads from appearing on your site. If you can block ads that pay less or are inappropriate for your visitors, and instead show ads that pay more or are more relevant to your site's content, that will increase your earnings.
9. Percentage of clicks out of total page views with the ad CTR
CTR or Click Through Rate: It means the percentage of clicks obtained by ad units from the percentage of total views of the pages where the ads are located.
This percentage is not fixed, as it depends on many factors, including the visitor's stay on the page, including the extent of the relationship between the advertisement and the page's content, but in general this percentage ranges on average between 1 and 3 percent.
In the end, in order to give you an answer in numbers, the price of a click in Arabic content ranges between 2 cents and up to 6 cents (this is the average price of a click, which is affected by all the factors I mentioned above).
An illustrative and practical example to answer the question how much do I earn from Adsense:
- You have a website that talks about the world of fashion and gets 10,000 total page views every day.
- Your site's CTR is 3%.
- The average click price for your site is 4 cents.
Based on these data, your total monthly earnings = the total daily page views of your site multiplied by the CTR ratio multiplied by the average click price multiplied by the number of days of the month (30 days).
Applying this equation to our example, the total monthly profits for the site will be: 10000 * 0.03 * 0.04 * 30 = 360 dollars
Note: This is an approximate example to illustrate the idea, but in fact the results differ according to many variables, even sites that talk about the same field and get the same visitors can achieve slightly different results, according to other factors such as the quality of content or where ads appear… etc.
Here we have come to the end of our topic about profit from Google Adsense. I hope that the topic is useful to you and helps you understand Google Adsense and how to profit from it well.
Do not be stingy and make the topic stop with you, but share it with your friends, perhaps your participation in the topic contributes to changing someone's life for the better.