What is the difference between E-Marketing end digil Al Marketing?
Define digital marketing
Digital marketing is the use of digital technologies to market a product or service, and this includes all digital technologies such as mobile phones, social media, e-marketing and display advertising.
Example of digital marketing
Sending SMS text messages as a promotion to customers, this is because the mobile phone does not depend on the Internet to transmit text messages, so this is not electronic marketing but a digital technology, and mobile applications are considered a form of digital marketing because they work separately from the Internet.... ... read more
Definition of e-marketing
E-marketing (or Internet marketing) is a more specific term, as it is Internet marketing, and although most digital marketing is done online, some do not need to be connected to the Internet, as an example of digital (not electronic) marketing.
E-marketing includes a wide range of marketing types such as
- Email Marketing
- search engine optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- And because internet marketing is a subdiscipline of digital marketing, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and content marketing are all digital marketing as well.
The two terms are confusing when used together as marketing concepts, as not every concept is put into context and even now it may seem confusing or contradictory to you regarding the difference between digital marketing and online marketing, but at the end of this article you will realize that it is not complicated.
To understand, distinguish and know the difference between digital and electronic marketing, it is important to understand the term marketing itself, in short, marketing is the managerial practice in which services and goods are conceptualized and transferred from the theory stage to the goods that reach customers, and in which the four elements of the marketing mix (product, price, place promotion).
We focus on the promotion element that forms the basis for both digital and online marketing of any product or service.
What is digital marketing
An umbrella term describing a group of marketing strategies that use digital channels to promote your products or services. It's a term that includes anything that uses a digital platform to market your business, from social media platforms to TV ads.
In short, promotion in digital marketing is not limited to the use of the Internet, but digital marketing is used to describe all forms of marketing that occur online.
Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing methods by shifting from print materials to digital virtual reality, long-term digital marketing aims to attract new customers while ensuring that your existing customer base is connected to your services or products.
digital marketing models
There are many channels used in digital marketing because they form the basis of e-marketing
- digital marketing games
- Content Marketing Operations
- Video Marketing
- Mobile Marketing and TV Advertising
- All of the above are forms of digital marketing.
For example, mobile advertising via SMS messages serves as a channel for transmitting information to the customer without using an Internet connection.
What is important here is to understand that all forms of digital marketing automatically fall under the umbrella of digital marketing.
What is Internet Marketing
Also known as internet marketing, this is a branch of digital marketing that includes the strategies you use to market yourself online, e-marketing focuses on building a presence on the Web or the World Wide Web.
As we have said, to understand the difference between digital and e-marketing, you must understand that they are two distinct concepts of marketing, there can be no e-marketing without an internet connection, and a clear example of this is pay-per-click advertising.
Online Marketing Forms
Online marketing takes many forms due to its wide scope and popularity, including:
- Search Engine Marketing : The process of search engine optimization involves optimizing the elements and pages of your website to appear stronger in the first search results on search engines, and here many factors play a role in the optimization process, including that the content is original, reliable and advanced up to date, answers the questions of researchers, is structured and arranged, As well as the quality and quantity of backlinks, pages you mention or your content on social media, page speed, security, and how responsive your site is to being easily visible on mobile.
- Advertising through search engines : It can be said that search engine marketing is more comprehensive and broader than search engine optimization, as it also includes increasing traffic to your website through paid advertising on search portals or search engines. In short, it includes search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (ppc) that focus on gaining leads by attaching ads to search portals, often in the form of pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns.
- Social media marketing : Social media marketing is suitable for social media platforms as a tool for conveying information about products to tech-savvy age groups. The accessibility ensured by social media platforms makes it an easy way to reach out to this new generation who tend to shop and these days most potential customers are converted into actual customers through social media platforms.
In the end, it is important to understand that the most accurate term for what is currently prevalent among people is (e-marketing), but this does not mean that the word digital marketing is wrong, especially since it is more comprehensive and broader and in fact contains e-marketing, and now you know The difference between digital and online marketing and it is time to start professionalizing these emerging areas.